Deaf & Hear Alberta offers programs and services through two distinct branches: Deaf Alberta and Hear Alberta. You will find more detailed information relevant to each service area by visiting the Deaf Alberta and Hear Alberta websites.
Deaf Alberta’s suite of programs and services includes:
– Interpreting Services: provides English – American Sign Language interpreting
– Deaf Access: information and answers to navigate systems or find resources for those who are Deaf
– American Sign Language Instruction: courses offered at all levels to anyone wishing to learn the beauty and nuances of this visual language
– Counselling: mental health support is available from several providers who conduct counselling in American Sign Language
– Accessibility Services and Assessments: a range of assistive equipment is available to enhance daily living and ensure safety and security
Hear Alberta’s suite of programs and services includes:
Sound Advice Series– educational courses that demystify hearing loss, offering information about tools, strategies and coping skills for those with a hearing loss
Peer-to-Hear – matches adults dealing with the challenges of hearing loss, with someone who has walked a similar path and now wants to offer support.
Accessibility Services and Assessments – individualized technology needs are assessed so the most appropriate equipment can be recommended to makes everyday life easier.