Communication is our lifeline to the outside world. The work we do helps to break down communication barriers, whether it is through a face-to-face interaction or by incorporating assistive technology.
Some of the ways your gift will be put to work:
- Provide equipment for low income hard of hearing individuals so they can communicate with family, friends caregivers, and be productively engaged in the community
- Provide awareness and prevention education to youth and young adults to protect and preserve their hearing so that their futures are not compromised
- Provide highly skilled interpreters to facilitate communication so Deaf individuals will be able to enjoy weddings, ceremonies, events, lectures, arts and entertainment
- Help families with Deaf children learn critical skills in American Sign Language to be able to communicate effectively within the family and begin the all-important early learning development process
- Provide Hearing Loss Prevention programs for Alberta children and youth to ensure that they do not suffer from permanent noise induced hearing loss
There are many options for donating to Deaf & Hear Alberta:
Donating online is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply follow this link to donate to Deaf & Hear Alberta. Here, you can make a one time donation, or set up monthly donations. Following your online donation, a tax receipt will be emailed to you.
Donate through United Way Calgary
Deaf & Hear Alberta appreciates the outstanding work that the United Way campaign contributes to charities within our community. We encourage you and your employer to support the United Way of Calgary and Area as this funding is essential to our organization.
Did you know that you can select Deaf & Hear Alberta as your charity of choice? By choosing us as your United Way designated charity, you can help to break down communication barriers that improve the quality of life for those who are Deaf or hard of hearing. Click here for a United Way donation form where you can designate funds to Deaf & Hear Alberta.
Employee Matching Gifts
Many companies today demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility by supporting charitable organizations and encourage their employees to share this responsibility through donor matching programs. Donor matching multiplies the value of your gift and therefore multiplies the ability to impact and make a difference in our community.
Check with your company’s Human Resources department to see if they offer an employee matching gifts program. If they don’t, ask your company to initiate this as part of its charitable giving strategy. If your employer does offer this program, your Human Resources department should provide you with a matching gift form to send to Deaf & Hear Alberta along with your donation.
Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduation: turn your personal celebration into a memorable party by giving to Deaf & Hear Alberta. Whether it’s a 50th birthday party, a 25th wedding anniversary, or a grandchild’s graduation, consider a donation in lieu of asking your guests for gifts.
Your guests will appreciate their monetary gift going to support a young Deaf student learning to read English, provide interpreting at a ceremony for a Deaf person, or equip a senior with personal listening equipment so they too can enjoy the special events in their lives.
To make a donation in lieu of gifts for a special occasion, click here for our on-line donations page.
Transfer of Shares
A gift of securities can deliver significant tax advantages, allowing you to give to our organization at a lower after-tax cost to you. For details on how to transfer stocks or securities, please contact us at email@example.com
Here are the ways to contact us:
- Phone: 403-284-6200
- TTY: 403-284-6205
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 403-282-6200
- Mail: 63 Cornell Road NW, Calgary, AB T2L 0L4
Deaf & Hear Alberta is a registered charitable organization. Our Charitable Registration number is 107009409RR0001.